Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend

My long labor day weekend is over. Today I was pulled out of my comfortable bed and was put into the busy halls of my high school. What a difference. It was a little body shock to wake up extremely early. So much so that right when I came home, I slept for 2 hours! It felt good!
Labor Day weekend is in honor of people that work. I consider myself working at school. I mean people do math for a living. So I am glad I just figured out I can celebrate another holiday for myself. In order to celebrate you have to have fun. Oh has this weekend been fun! I spent the night with Siara and Jo on Friday. That was a bast! Saturday I went to Ethan and Ashley's football game. No it is not coed, Ashley cheered! :) Sunday I went to church then out to eat with some friends. Monday I went to Matthews Alive with Kenzie and Ashleigh!
Yesterday my brother, Jackson, left for college. :( While it was very sad and emotional for Ashley and Brooke, I just wanted to say good-bye and get it over with. Don't get me wrong I love my brother and will miss him terribly! But, I don't like having emotional memories being the last memory. I don't want to think the last time being with him was an awful one. Therefore I kept it simple and tear free. I think I just hasn't hit yet. This weekend will be the first weekend without him. That will be when I shed a bucket or two of tears! ha.
I have lots of homework tonight so I better pull myself away from my blog and start.
Happy late Labor Day!!

No comments: