Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Predestination and Freewill!

Today in Bible class we talked about predestination and freewill. I did know some about each subject but after today I have a pretty good concept on both. I am not on one side. I do believe us as Christians we should use the Bible as a guideline for our life's. Therefore, in the Bible both predestination and freewill are brought up.
Predestination: "I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me." John 13:18
Freewill:The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. Rev 22:17

See! Both are mentioned in the Bible! I kind of look at it as if these two were on a scale. Both weighing the same amount. So what side would the scale lean towards? Neither! It would stay in the middle. This is how I feel. I do believe Jesus came down to earth to die on the cross for us to be able to accept him and live eternity in Heaven. But I also believe God knows EVERYTHING before we are born. He knows who we will marry, he knows how long we will live, he knows how many times we will sin, he knows where we will be on a certain date. God is all knowing!

I LOVE talking about this subject! It makes me giddy and excited!
Have a GREAT Wednesday yall!

No comments: