Thursday, June 24, 2010

Boys....

I think the title pretty much sums up this post. I them 'em and hate 'em. Buttt.... there is this one guy in particular. I really like him. Like he is the perfect guy. Gorgeous, tall, muscular, christian, and his dad even owns a chick-fil-a :)
The only little problem (okay huge problem) is that he has a freakin girlfriend. This pretty much is the story of my life. I don't know how I can keep talking to him without liking him more and more. He is a flirt and totally knows how to make my day. His girlfriend in my opinion is not the right fit for him. And I'm not even saying I am... but I know he could do better than her. The only song that keeps coming to my head is "You belong to me" by Taylor Swift. And these three lines keep popping in my head...

"If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me"

Tons of "only if's" keep going through my brain. Like "only if i was prettier", "only if i was as skinny as she is", or even "only if i was her". And I know God is hurt by all these thoughts. I should never wish of hope for something I'm not and never will be. I'm not his girlfriend and may never be. But by wishing I was skinnier or prettier is not going to help the problem. Running back to God is the only was I will ever be able to conquer this.

1 comment:

Jess said...

hope!!! i love your new design! and i was so excited to read your TWO new posts....

the best line of this post for me was "and i know God is hurt by all these thoughts"...you are so stinkin' mature, sweetie. and some boy is going to be extremely lucky one day to woo and win your heart!

love you,
miz h